Check out this new “crash course” trailer for Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
With Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice due to release this Friday (Mar 22), Soulsborne fans around the world are no doubt starting to feel like they’re in a waiting hell.
If you happen to be part of that writhing crowd, fret not. Developer FromSoftware has released yet another gameplay trailer which should keep you occupied for a bit. The five-minute video goes over the story, the powerful Shinobi Prosthetic and even some handy combat tips.
Consider it a crash course of sorts.
Like it’s spiritual predecessors, Sekiro is brutal and unforgiving even to veterans, so don’t expect to be spoon-fed on arrival. Rather, you’ll need to rely on your own skill, strategic prowess and a little last-minute improvisation to decimate enemies. That’s a lot easier said than done, but then again, this is a Soulsborne successor we’re talking about.
Apart from general combat tips, the new trailer also discusses several attachments for the Shinobi Prosthetic. If you’re being sneaky at work or school (like a modern-day ninja), we’ve done up a quick list:
- Grappling Hook: Your primary movement tool. Makes you feel like a Sengoku-era Batman.
- Loaded Axe: Chop through shields like a hot knife through butter.
- Loaded Spear: Used to pull enemies closer to you. Think Scorpion from Mortal Kombat.
- Loaded Umbrella: Block attacks in a pinch. Because a regular shield is too mainstream.
- Flame Vent: Essentially a flamethrower. Keep away from children.
- Shuriken: Self-explanatory. Because you can’t be a shinobi without one.
On a separate note, it’s amusing to see FromSoftware helping players out for once. Whether it’s out of goodwill or for the sake of accessibility, it doesn’t really matter. After all, it’s the thought that counts, right?
Jokes aside, check out our latest preview to get an up-to-date idea of what to expect when Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice launches on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
Image: FromSoftware/Sony Interactive Entertainment