Grand Theft Auto V Breaks Seven Guinness World Records
Rockstar Games’ new instalment to the car-stealing, hooker-beating franchise has gone on to breaking more than just bones, now with seven Guinness World Records smashed under its belt.
Grand theft Auto V already has the title of game with “Most Viewed Trailer for an Action-Adventure Videogame”, and since its release, it’s gone to break six more.
- Best-selling action-adventure videogame in 24 hours
- Best-selling videogame in 24 hours
- Fastest entertainment property to gross $1 billion
- Fastest videogame to gross $1 billion
- Highest grossing videogame in 24 hours
- Highest revenue generated by an entertainment product in 24 hours
Rockstar Games has revealed that the hit game broke the billion-dollar sales mark within its third day in retail, scooping up US$815.7 million on its first day. Wouldn’t the game also have broken the “Most Guinness Records Broken By A Single Game” record?